About Me

My photo
I served in the U.S. Navy from June 1964 to September 1987, retiring as a Senior Chief Petty Officer (E8). I am a Vietnam War veteran. I worked for several DOD contractors, including General Dynamics/Bath Iron Works, until I retired on disability in 2004. I am rated as 100 percent disabled by the VA because of severe lung scarring most likely ccaused by asbestos exposure back in the 1960's. I lived in Jacksonville, Florida from 1987 to 2004, when we moved back to Texas to be closer to the grandchildren. I now live in Temple, Texas.

Friday, August 2, 2013

 
 
 
After watching CNN and Fox News for the last several days and listening to all of the commentary about the government shut down by the different analysts and experts, I must say that I am still totally confused. It looks like we are going to do a Band-Aid fix and get the government funded and running again within a few days - then we will have to look forward to the next time.
 
I will leave it with this simple statement:
 
 
Remember - Piss Poor Planning Produces Piss Poor Products!
 
"You cannot be a good follower when there is no one leading."
-- 
 
Need I say more?
-- 
If you are offended by what you see on this blog, feel free to go somewhere else.

======================

Since I retired, I tinker around with making designs which are printed on several different products and sold through Cafe' Press and Zazzle. Proceeds from these sales helps pay for an ongoing "Partner in Hope" subscription I have set up with the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital, in memory of those killed in Vietnam. The artwork is not fancy but it is all my work. I will take full credit (or blame) for anything you see there. I hope you will take a look at what I have to offer. There is no charge for looking! The most popular products are T-shirts, caps and mugs. It keeps me busy and keeps me out of the wife's way.  I hope a few of you will buy some of the products, so we can continue to help the kids at St. Jude. You can also  make direct donations to St. Jude by following this link -
http://www.stjude.org

1 comment:

  1. Well - they finally found the Major guilty, which is a step in the right direction. I did some reading up about his early life - he did 8 years enlisted service with the Army, then went through a special program to go through college and become a doctor - all paid for by the American taxpayers, of course.

    ReplyDelete